Large-scale Government-led Digitization Program for the Rural Mandis
The client is a reputed Fertiliser company with a significant market share in its business segment. They secured one of the most important projects under the Digital India Movement by the Government of India, National Agriculture Market (eNAM). eNAM is a positive step towards agricultural marketing reforms in India. The key objective of this program is to digitize and enable agricultural commodities marketing in the 500+ mandis (rural markets) spread across 13 states, including the remote locations in rural India.
One of the biggest tasks was to recruit only MCA/B Tech graduates and deploy them in the mandis at Taluk & District level. The requirement was to hire 500+ analysts across 12 states, covering a similar count of mandis. The scope was to ensure that the NAM software program is functioning well according to the Agricultural Produce Market Committee (APMC) norms. The analysts also needed to troubleshoot the day-to-day operational issues and provide business analysis and functional requirements. One of the prime deliverables was to train users and ensure continued usage.
The program management executed by Quess included attendance management on a daily basis, training & on-boarding of the analysts, their efficiency management, maintaining fill rate at 90%+, schedule management, and real-time reporting. The entire program was closely reviewed and monitored by the top management. Special emphasis was given on the last mile connectivity, for which the project team extensively travelled. This ensured a better connection and control of the program and the expected results were successfully delivered.
This large scale project was successfully completed by Quess within the stipulated timeline incorporating all the project requirements.
- 100% deployment, executed as per the plan agreed with the client
- Accomplished a fill rate of 97%
- Maintained the attrition levels at ~ 3% for the entire project duration
- Successful execution of the project for its full duration of 2 years (2016-18)
- Benefitted over 40 lakh farmers
- 88K+ traders and 44K+ commission agents got on to the digital network
- Generated 57 lakh+ MT of commodities and trade value worth 15000 Cr
- Submitted detailed as well as a summary report of all the activities performed by the analysts